As you might know, New York Fashion Week is upon us. That means that all of the biggest names and designers in the fashion industry will be showcasing their latest collections so that buyers and the media can get ahold of the newest trends. What it also means is that if you”re in NYC, you”ll be surrounded by a higher ratio of “beautiful people” to “regular people” than normal. If you didn”t know that this event was near, you”ve now been warned. The fact that the people just got prettier and trendier is not all in your head.
If fashion isn”t exactly your thing, I might have the solution to getting through this week: dog models. Their handsomeness won”t get on your nerves or nibble at your self-esteem – it”ll just make your day.
1. You may have heard of @mensweardog before.
2. If not, take this opportunity to soak up the glory.
3. He”s VERY couture.
4. Yet also very approachable.
5. So dapper.
6. So sleek.
7. But Menswear Dog isn”t the only couture canine out there.
8. Oh no – he”s got lots of equally glamorous friends.
9. Like this pup with a very editorial vibe.
10. Or this pup, who is absolutely fab even in just a towel.
11. This guy knows that fuzzy hoods are so hot right now.
12. Casual cool is always in.
13. This pup keeps his style no nonsense.
14. Ugh, so jealous of this on-location shoot.
15. Good, no need to apologize for your beauty.
16. #NoMakeup, and still gorgeous!
17. This weave is perfect for that DOGUE shoot later.
18. Rincon stumbled into his modeling career when human model Julian Schratter rescued him in Puerto Rico.
19. If you ask me, the pooch is a natural.
20. I don”t think he”s had a particularly difficult time adjusting to his new lifestyle.
21. With the support of his human model counterparts, I think he miiight just make it?
22. Actually, I think he”ll do just fine all on his own with poise like that.
23. Neville Jacobs takes after Poppa Jacobs with his keen eye for style.
24. (Poppa Jacobs AKA Marc Jacobs, fashion designer extraordinaire)
25. His aesthetic is simple, but edgy.
26. Both sides are his good side.
27. When you”re Victoria”s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel”s Jack Russell terrier, you get a guest spot on the campaign.
28. By “get a guest spot,” what I really mean is “totally steal the show.”
29. Toast has that certain something.
30. She is VERY hip. Very with it.
31. She”s not afraid to take risks.
32. You are wearing those shades better than I ever could.
33. And working the wind machine with such elegance and grace!
34. Karen Walker was lucky to have snagged you up for this stunning campaign.
35. But let”s close out this fashionable list with MWD, the epitome of style.
36. Love a man (dog?) in a classic trench. This look is so essential.
37. You know, I don”t know if I can deal with it, though.
Yep, I think I”ll make it through NYFW just fine now. These fashionable furry friends made the swarms of leggy models and handsome men in well-tailored suits much more manageable. Thanks, pooches!